WordPress Classroom Training for Beginners London
September 7 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£199.00
WordPress Training for Beginners London
Whether you are looking to kickstart your business with a new online presence or to improve your basic knowledge of WordPress, this course should be of interest to you. Our 1 day WordPress Course for Beginners in London we will help you get to grips with the creation and management of WordPress websites.
This course will also provide you the necessary skills to build, manage and run a beautiful website or blog by using WordPress. You can create anything from personal blogs to professional websites within a short span of time. Since WordPress is a powerful content management system (CMS). No coding is required. You will be able to design your blog/website by using the readymade WordPress templates. The course is designed for beginners and it explains about WordPress installation, configuration, creating a site, adding content, images, videos, using themes, widgets, plugins, publishing the site and beyond. You get to work on a project while doing this course.
Getting Started with WordPress
- What is WordPress and its advantages
- Domain Name Registration and Web Hosting
- Researching, Selecting & registering a domain name
- Researching, selecting and registering for a hosting provider
- Difference between Self Hosting and Free Cloud Hosting
- Downloading and Uploading WordPress to your host
- Installing WordPress – Install, set up and update WordPress automatically
- Installing The latest version of WordPress
- Admin Panel, Settings and Basic Configuration
- WordPress Dashboard Tour
Configuring your WordPress site
- General settings
- Logging in WordPress admin area
- Discussion settings
- Permalink settings
- Privacy settings
- Reading settings
- Writing settings
- Miscellaneous settings
- Editing the user profile
- Configuring the Dashboard settings
Uploading and Adding the right content to your WordPress site
- About posts and pages
- Difference between pages and posts
- Creating posts/pages
- Organising page hierarchy
- Creating a static front page
- Managing Pages
- Managing Links
- Managing WordPress Tags
- Managing your WordPress Media Library
- Updating your WordPress Profile
Blogging with WordPress
- Creating posts
- Text formatting in a new post
- Creating and managing links
- Adding Images,
- Youtube Videos and Audios
- Adding an image gallery
- Adding post categories, tags and other elements
- Save post into drafts
- Deleting post/page
- Managing, editing, cropping and optimising images to add into post/page
- Adding contact forms
- Adding Google maps
Installing and Customising WordPress
- Add and customise the top navigation menus
- Research, choose, upload, install and update the best plugins
- Research, choose, upload, install and update the best themes
- Customise themes with colours and navigation menus
- Insert a logo which automatically links to the homepage
- Add sidebar widgets for search, social media, static and dynamic content
- Managing, editing, cropping and optimising images
Launching Your WordPress Site and After
- Submitting the site to search engines
- Managing WordPress users and permission levels
- Managing comments and controlling spam
- Backing up a WordPress site
- Restoring a WordPress site from crash
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Keyword research and SEO strategies to rank well on Google
- How to get visitors/traffic and track it with Google Analytics
- Adding social media options like Facebook, twitter and many more
- RSS Feeds – stream external news and content on your site
- Make your site easy to navigate, accessible, mobile and print friendly
- Auto Translate – have your site translated into any language for free
The process and what you will need to bring on the day?
- The course runs from 10am–4pm with 20 to 30 students
- Bring your own laptop: PC, Mac or Chromebook are all fine. Or hire a laptop here. WiFi and power sockets are provided.
- Arrive at 9.30am to get online and for tea and coffee, ready for a 10am start.
- You can use your own WordPress website for the course, but will also be provided with a test site to practice on.
- You will be free to go at your own pace throughout the day. A wide range of features will be demonstrated and all training materials will be provided after the course, so there need be no fear of “falling behind”.
- We’ll break for lunch at around 1pm. lunch is not included, you can bring your own food or access to plenty of shops round the area.
- The course ends around 3pm-4pm depending on the pace of students and you are welcome to stay around to ask any final questions. Get further assistance with WordPress and with your site, plus enjoy more general networking with other students.
What you need to know?
- No experience is needed – WordPress is incredibly easy to pick up and you will be free to go at your own pace throughout the day.
- If you want, you can bring £10 to £100 if you want me to show you how to buy domain name, set up your hosting panel and how to buy the best premium themes on the marketplace otherwise we can just use the one that I will be provided for free.
- This is an intensive course and assumes a reasonable working knowledge of using computers and the internet, even if you have little or no prior knowledge of WordPress. If you are comfortable with using email, copy/paste, saving files/folders and navigating the internet, you should be fine!
- After the course you are welcome to stay around for further discussion with me, other students and questions about WordPress, your website, your business and how to set up WordPress
- After the course, you will be sent all the course materials and clear instructions for setting up your site on its own domain name (old or new).
- We offer domain and hosting services so you are welcome to use our services at affordable prices
- After the course we offer other services that you will need to run your WordPress website such as premium templates, support and guidance, SSL support, online promotions, SEO and more.
Who is it for?
- It is aimed at marketing managers/assistants, digital marketing staff, creative teams and business startups.
- Wants to create a website they can manage themselves
- Already has or runs a WordPress site and wants to know how to manage it properly
- Wants to know best practises and save time avoiding all the pitfalls and delays
- Is frustrated with paying web developers to build and manage websites for them and wants to take back control!
- Wants to earn additional income by building or selling websites
- Wants a new career or a new skill to enhance their CV